Rohde & Schwarz webinars: Basic Oscilloscope Fundamental Days DAY 1
Basic Oscilloscope Fundamental Days – DAY 1
Two-day live virtual event
Trainer: Joel Hales (Rohde & Schwarz UK)
Pasi Suhonen (Rohde & Schwarz Finland)
Partner: Premiel Farnell Ltd
Cooperation: Würth Elektronik
Oscilloscopes are widely recognized as the main tool every electronics engineer needs on their desk and are used across a wide variety of industries and applications. With the demands from modern electronics requiring ever-increasing measurement tasks across various domains, solid probing knowhow and the need for rapid prototyping with debugging techniques has seen a revolution in digital Oscilloscopes. The resulting increase in usability and functionality has seen these instruments become considerably more versatile through their ability to accurately trigger and measure waveforms.
For engineers new to using Oscilloscopes the challenge can often be where to start their learning journey and how to get the most from these versatile tools.
Rohde & Schwarz understands this challenge and can help you on this journey through our online 2-day educational testing event on the fundamentals of the modern Oscilloscope. Increase your knowledge in the many useful measurement options available including multi-functional measurement techniques and features.Register today to attend this free educational live testing event.
DAY 1 10:00 – 14:30
10:00 – 11:30 Oscilloscope Fundamentals
- Operation principle and construction of an digital storage oscilloscope
- What are important parameters for oscilloscope selection?
- Signal Improvement and Decimation techniques
- How much bandwidth is needed in the measurement setup?
- What happens in different operation modes like HiRes, Averaging, Peak Detect and HD-Mode
13:00 – 14:30 Services / Probing for low and high voltage applications
- How do we support you through all phases of the product life cycle?
- What kind of probes do exist?
- How does the probe influence the measured signal?
- Which impedance profiles exist and why are these important to know?
- Construction of high voltage differential probes and what do the datasheet parameters mean for the daily work?