source: Murata news
Murata Manufacturing Co., Ltd., has developed the world’s first automotive grade monolithic ceramic capacitors “GCQ series” with high Q characteristics for vehicle to X (V2X Vehicle-to-vehicle and vehicle-to-infrastructure communication) applications. Sample shipments have already commenced, and Murata will be gearing up to mass-produce the components at the first half of 2016.
V2X refers to direct communication between vehicles or between vehicles and infrastructure such as traffic lights. This technology is aimed at avoiding accidents such as collisions and realizing a more efficient transport system. It is expected to play an important role in paving the way to the realization of fully autonomous driving in the future. DSRC IEEE 802.11p is a V2X communication standard (communication frequency: 5.9 GHz) intended mainly for use in North America and Europe, and high Q capacitors are in demand for DC filtering and RF matching in the 5.9 GHz band. Murata has developed highly reliable automotive grade high Q capacitors to meet this need.
- These high Q capacitors are AEC-Q200 conformable and suitable for V2X, ADAS, and other automotive communication applications.
- The self-resonance frequency of 5.9 GHz (2.2 pF model) is ideal for DC filtering under DSRC IEEE 802.11p.
- The internal electrodes are made of copper, which enables a high Q value at high frequencies and is ideal for matching applications.
- DC filtering in 5.9 GHz V2X applications
- RF matching in V2X applications
- RF matching in other automotive communication applications
Example of GCQ15 series 2.2 pF model
- Operating temperature range: -55 to +125℃ (C0G characteristics)
- Temperature characteristic: C0G
- Rated voltage: 50 Vdc
- Capacitance: 0.1 pF to 47 pF
0402 size: 1.0 × 0.5 mm (T = 0.5 mm)
Mass production scheduled to commerce in the first half of 2016