source: TDK news
May. 13, 2016, TDK Corporation presents the new MAF1608G noise suppression filter for audio lines. When inserted in audio lines, the new filter keeps THD+N of the audio signals to the world’s lowest levels of 0%. At the same time the miniature component (1.6 mm x 0.8 mm x 0.8 mm) features a high rated current of 1.6 A and a low DC resistance of 0.06 Ω. This makes the MAF1608G noise suppression filter optimally suited for use in speaker lines where high currents are required. These applications include earphones, speakers and microphones in devices such as smartphones, tablet PCs, and portable game consoles. The new component’s high attenuation ensures effective noise suppression in audio applications.
- World’s lowest total harmonic distortion + noise (THD+N) of 0% *
- No sound quality degradation in audio lines
- High rated current of 1.6 A suitable for speaker lines
- Use of ferrite material with a low distortion factor drastically reduces audio distortion caused by filter insertion
- High attenuation ensures effective noise suppression in audio applications
By utilizing a ferrite material with a low distortion factor, TDK was able to reduce sound quality degradation to a level equal to that of a line without a noise filter. This makes it possible to implement noise protection while still extracting the full performance potential of the audio amplifier.
* As of May 2016, according to TDK data
Audio lines (earphones, speakers, microphones) in devices such as smartphones, tablet PCs and portable game consoles
Type Impedance [Ω] DC resistance [Ω] Rated current [A DC] THD+N [%]* MAF1608GAD471C 470 typ. 0.06 typ. 1.6 0
* at 1 kHz, 8 Ω, 1 W