Source: AVX news
AVX’s new series of plastic, epoxy-filled supercapacitor modules feature high reliability when used in elevated temperatures and/or high humidity conditions.
In addition to moisture resistance features, these supercapacitor modules offer excellent pulse power handling characteristics based on the combination of very high capacitance and very low ESR.
Degradation of electrical characteristics under normal conditions are lengthened in large part to the special plastic, epoxy-filled packaging technology of these supercapacitor modules. Used by themselves or in conjunction with primary or secondary batteries, they provide extended back up time, longer battery life, and provide instantaneous power pulses as needed. These modules offer great solutions to hold up, energy harvesting, pulse power applications, and battery replacement.
Features / Benefits:
- Plastic, Epoxy-Filled Packaging for Moisture Resistance
- High Pulse Power Capability
- Low ESR and Leakage Current
- Passes 1,000 Hours of 85°C/85% RH Testing
- Passes 4,000 Hours of 60°C/90% RH Testing
- 2X+ Lifetimes of Standard SCM Series Offerings
- First and Only Cisco L1 Qualified EDLC
Applications / Advantages /:
- Remote/Smart Metering
- Handhelds/Wireless Devices
- Energy Harvesting
- GSM/GPRS Pulse Applications
- Camera Flash Systems
- Toys and Games