Source: PRnews wire news
Pulse Electronics Power Business Unit, a leading provider of electronic components, has introduced the new PM220X Series SMT Inductors with extended operating temperature ratings.
Designed for automotive and industrial applications, the PM220X series offers the same quality performance as the recently released PA500X series for commercial applications with the addition of an elevated operating temperature rating up to 155°C. The PM220X series offers automotive grade reliability and meets IATF 16949 manufacturing standards.
“We identified a need in the marketplace for an SMT Inductor that could withstand the higher operating temperatures required by automotive applications,” said Geoffrey Wildman, Global Marketing Manager, Pulse Electronics, Power Business Unit. “The new PM220X series is AEC-Q200 and can handle high transient current spikes without saturation.”
The new high current SMT family of composite core inductors from Pulse Power deliver automotive grade reliability and meet IATF 16949 manufacturing standards. They are now available for both industrial and automotive grade solutions.
Key Features and Benefits:
- Automotive Grade Reliability
- Meets IATF16949 standards
- Soft saturation characteristics
- Low profile, high current flat wires
- Composite core material
- Larger terminations for lower DCR and stronger solder joint reliability
- Excellent temperature stability
- Handles high transient current spikes without saturation
- High reliability and efficiency