Source: Kanthal announcement
Kanthal’s electronic components business has been acquired by Ohmite from November 1, 2018.
Ohmite Manufacturing has completed the acquisition of the electronic components business of Kanthal, a part of Sandvik Group. Headquartered in Amherst, New York, the acquired business provides a full line of ceramic non-inductive resistors as well as Maxcap double-layer capacitors.
Kanthal’s Globar ceramic resistor products will be combined with Ohmite’s existing A series and OX/OY series product lines to form the new Ohmite Ceramics Resistors Division. The new products will be available on a direct basis from Ohmite as well as through Ohmite’s partnership with leading electronic distributors worldwide. Ohmite further enhances its position as a global power resistor manufacturer with this strategic acquisition and now provides a complete product offering across the three leading solutions platforms including ceramic/composition, thick film and wirewound construction.
Ohmite and its affiliate ARCOL Resistor Company, based in Cornwall, U.K., supply the following resistive and thermal solutions:
• Wirewound resistors: including non-inductive products, load banks and rheostats
• Thick-film resistors: for consumer products, industrial IoT and transportation
• Ceramic/composition resistors: for high-voltage and high-pulse needs
• Thin-film resistors: including most of the popular global sizes
• Heat sinks: enabling a better interface with components to increase efficiencies
• Value-added components: customized thermal products are available
• Chassis/aluminum-housed resistors: for heavy industry and transportation
• Capacitors: high energy density capacitors
Over the coming months Ohmite will be integrating the Kanthal electronic components portfolio, to provide a smooth transition for customers. During the integration period, the full line of Kanthal’s ceramic resistor and capacitor products will continue to be accessible on Kanthal’s website, or via the Ohmite website.