Paumanok Inc. release its CRL Monthly Review focused to Passive Electronic Component. Monthly Report: JANUARY 2020 Review
JANUARY 2020 MARKET UPDATE:
- The Capacitor Market Index Declined by 5.2% in January on a Month-to-Month Basis With Weakness in The MLCC, Tantalum and Aluminum Segments
- The Declines In Capacitors Were Lead by Sharp Drops in Demand for MLCC, especially sharp declines in pico-farad and high cap MLCC.
- Demand In Tantalum Which Began in November and Continued in December, Lost Steam in January and Slowed Down.
- Film Capacitor Supply Chains Remained Off Balance as Demand Continued to Increase for Axial and Radial Leaded Designs amidst Heightened Demand for Snubber X/Y Caps
- Resistor lead times increase
- Inductor lead times increase
- Copper price rises 35% for the month:
- Palladium prices increase 23% during the month
- Capacitor lead times DECREASE
- December 2019 Quarter Downgraded to -3% Q-to-Q Instead of Flat
- March 2020 quarter outlook- down 8% in value quarter-to-quarter
- AVX DOWN 8%, WALSIN DOWN 10%, YAGEO DOWN 5%, SEMCO Down 5.5% Q-TO-Q FOR DECEMBER.
- Weak Component MARKETS, ESPECIALLY CAPACITORS
- RESISTORS AND INDUCTORS SHOWING SIGNS OF A TURNAROUND
- RAW MATERIALS PRICES SPIKING- PALLADIUM AND COPPER UP SHARPLY