TDK Corporation announces the development of new chip NTC thermistors designed for conductive adhesion mounting, expanding TDK’s NTCSP series product lineup.
The chip NTC thermistors are used for temperature sensing and compensation, measuring without direct contact in automotive applications including ABS, inside the transmission or engine, and more. The new NTCSP series part numbers are available in 10 kΩ, 47 kΩ, and 100 kΩ types with dimensions of 1.0 × 0.5 mm and 1.6 × 0.8 mm.
Responding to the need for diversified mounting methods, the new chip NTC thermistors product adopts AgPd termination, which enables conductive adhesion mounting. They are optimally suited for applications where soldering is difficult.
With its wide operating temperature range, from -55℃ to 150℃, the NTCSP series can be applied in various temperature measurement and compensation roles in low to high temperature ranges. They are highly reliable, certified by AEC-Q200, the global automotive standard for passive components.
TDK continuously aims to expand the lineup of NTCSP series products by increasing the number of chip sizes and thermistor characteristics, and widening operating temperature ranges to meet diverse application needs.
- AEC-Q200: certification for passive components regarding the reliability of automotive electronic components standardized by the Automotive Electronics Council (AEC).
- AgPd: Silver palladium alloy
- For temperature measurement and compensation applications occurring in wide temperature ranges
- Applications where solder connections are difficult in the mounting process
- Automotive applications (ABS, transmissions, engines, etc.)
- Air conditioner IPMs (Power MOS-FET)
Main features and benefits
- Enables conductive adhesion mounting
- Capable of operating in a wide temperature range from -55℃ to 150℃
- Highly reliable AEC-Q200 certified product