TDK Corporation presents the new EPCOS B72314S2* series (AdvanceD S14 Compact) of leaded disk varistors.
The series covers a wide operating voltage ranging from 175 VRMS to 625 VRMS. The maximum surge current capability of a single pulse current (8/20 µs) is up to 6000 A. Furthermore, they offer a multiple surge current capability of 3000 A at 8/20 µs according to UL 1449, 4th edition, type 5 listed.
The smaller dimensions with the same excellent performance as comparable S14 AdvanceD types are particularly noteworthy. The disk diameters range from 13 to 14 mm, a reduction of approximately 3 mm compared to AdvanceD S14 series. The coating of the disks consists of a flame-retardant synthetic resin according to
UL 94 V-0. The SIOV varistors are certified according to UL, CSA, VDE and IEC.
Thanks to the compact dimensions design and outstanding electrical characteristics, the AdvanceD S14 Compact types allow space-saving designs for the target applications such as household appliances, smart meters, inverters and many others.
- Wide operating voltage range from 175 VRMS to 625 VRMS
- Multiple surge current capability of 3000 A (8/20 µs)
- Compact dimensions of diameters from 13 to 14 mm
- Coating flame-retardant according to UL 94 V-0
- Approvals: UL, CSA, VDE and IEC
- Household appliances and smart meters
- Industrial applications such as inverters