Vishay Intertechnology introduces a new series of surface-mount multilayer ceramic chip capacitors (MLCCs) with a lead (Pb)-bearing termination finish suitable for aerospace applications requiring tin whisker mitigation.
The new VJ….32 lead-bearing finish series SMD MLCCs offer termination finishes with a minimum lead (Pb) content of 4 % to mitigate tin whisker formation.
Previously, the option for lead (Pb)-bearing termination finishes was reserved for more expensive Hi-Rel devices. The VJ….32 Lead-Bearing Finish Series provides designers with a cost-effective alternative for aerospace systems in which tin whiskers must be avoided but space-level reliability isn’t required. The MLCC SnPb capacitors are qualified according to AEC-Q200 to provide designers with Automotive Grade reliability.
- Termination finish with a minimum lead (Pb) content of 4 %
- Operating temperatures as high as +150°C
- Manufactured in noble metal electrode(NME) technology with a wet build process
- Available with C0G (NP0) and X7R dielectrics in five body sizes from 0402 to 1210
- C0G (NP0) dielectric:
- Low capacitance down to 1.0pF
- Temperature coefficient of capacitance (TCC) of 0 ppm/°C ± 30 ppm/°C from –55°C to +125°C
- Aging rate of 0 % maximum per decade
- X7R dielectric:
- Higher capacitance to 1.0μF
- TCC of ± 15 % from -55 C to +125°C
- Aging rate of 1 % maximum per decade
- AEC-Q200 qualified
- Power conditioning, signal coupling and decoupling, electronic noise filtering, and remote sensing
- Low Earth orbit (LEO) satellites and other space, military, and avionics applications requiring tin whisker mitigation
The Key Specifications:
Samples and production quantities of the VJ….32 Lead-Bearing Finish MLCCs are available now, with lead times of 12 weeks.