Stackpole’s announced latest addition of HCS high current metal shunt resistors featuring high power, precise sensing and low thermal resistance ideal for hybrid power sources.
As power electronics evolve, the requirements for high current, low resistance sensing resistors continues to increase. Emerging applications, such as, hybrid power systems may require high power, high accuracy, and low thermal resistance.
These are a difficult combination for many traditional sense resistor technologies. However, Stackpole’s HCS series provides high power, precise sensing and low thermal resistance. The HCS offers power ratings up to a 10W rated, 5930 size with TCR as low as 50 ppm, and a raised element to
improve the thermal footprint of the device and decrease PCB and terminal temperature.
Resistance values as low as 0.2 milliohm ensure the high efficiency sensing in a surface mountable package. The all metal construction also provides very high pulse withstanding superior to that of film or foil on ceramic sense resistor types.
• Metal element shunt resistor
• Available in up to 10W power rating
• Resistance value from 0.1 to 5mΩ
• Current handling up to 316A in 5930 size
• Excellent long-term stability
• AEC-Q200 qualified
• 100% RoHS compliant and lead free without exemption
• Halogen free
• REACH compliant
• Power modules
• Frequency converters
• Current sensor for power hybrid sources
• High current handling for automotive engine controls and power management