Vishay Intertechnology introduces a new epoxy-coated NTC thermistor with long PEEK-insulated, NiFe leads and a low thermal gradient for fast, high accuracy temperature measurement, sensing, and control in automotive and industrial applications.
The sensor’s conductor wire features the lowest thermal conductivity available on the market. Due to its excellent thermal decoupling, the device enables superior temperature measurement accuracy compared to other conductive wire materials, such as copper, which can deviate by several degrees.
High adhesive strength between the device’s PEEK-insulated lead wires and encapsulating epoxy lacquer Improves reliability in high humidity conditions. Long —75 mm —and flexible radial leads allow for special mounting or assembly requirements.
- Long PEEK-insulated, nickel-iron (NiFe) leads
- Low thermal gradient
- Temperature measurement accuracy to +/-0.5 °C
- Small maximum bead size diameter of 1.6 mmx
- Fast response time of less than 3 s in air
- AEC-Q200 qualified
- Resistance at +25°C (R25) of 10 kΩ, with curve tracking between 25 °C and 85 °C
- Beta (B25/85) of 3984 K, with tolerance of ± 0.5 %
- Maximum power dissipation of 50 mW
- Wide operating temperature range of -55 °C to +150 °C
- Boilers, fire and smoke detectors
- Battery management systems (BMS) for battery packs
- Charge circuits
- DC fan motors
- Seat heating
- HVAC sensors in cars
- Printer heads
The Key Specifications:
- R25: 10 kΩ
- R25 tolerance: ± 2.19 %
- Temperature accuracy
- 25 °C to 85 °C: +/-0.5 °C
- -55 °C to 150 °C: +/- 1.0 °C
- B25/85: 3984 K
- B25/85 tolerance: ± 0.5 %
- Maximum power dissipation at 55 °C: 50 mW
Samples and production quantities of the NTCLE317E4103SBA are available now, with lead times of six weeks.