Advanced features make Model SM453229A-381N7Y 10/100/1000 Base-T Chip LAN Transformer ideal for EMI suppression and Ethernet-based applications.
Bourns Magnetics Product Line is introducing the new Model SM453230-121N7YP Gigabit Ethernet / PoE+ Chip LAN 1G/2.5G/5G and Model SM453230-231N7YP Gigabit Ethernet / PoE+ Chip-LAN 10G Base-T Transformers.
Unlike traditional LAN magnetics built with multiple toroidal core transformers and common mode chokes in a single module, the chip-LAN transformer is a discrete, center-tapped component wound on a drum core and capped with a ferrite plate to emulate the result of the close magnetic path of a toroid core. A common mode chip inductor is paired with a chip-LAN transformer to provide EMI suppression. The discrete transformer / common mode chip inductor arrangement offers a high degree of flexibility in a PCB layout.
The Model SM453230-121N7YP and Model SM453230-231N7YP Gigabit Ethernet Chip-LAN Transformers are IEEE 802.3 Ethernet compatible and PoE+ (700 mA) capable, with an expanded operating temperature range of -40 to +85 °C. They are ideal for use in LAN interfaces for a variety of high-speed telecommunication and network devices.
- IEEE 802.3 ethernet compatible
- Compatible with 1G/2.5G/5G/10G Base-T
- PoE+ capable
- Discrete transformers and common mode chip inductors for flexible PCB layout
- Pairing common mode chip inductors for EMI reduction
- Expanded temperature range: -40 to +85 °C
- RoHS compliant and halogen free
- High speed telecommunication and network devices