Vishay releases new commercial and automotive grade IHLE® low profile, E-field shielded high current inductors.
The newly launched IHLE-2020CD-51 inductors in 2020 case size feature integrated E-field shields to lower costs and save board space.
The inductor lower costs and space saving has been achieved by eliminating the need for board-level Faraday shielding using the patented shielded construction.
The robust inductor meets automotive AEC-Q200 requirements capable to withstand high temperature, continuous operation up to 155 °C and provides excellent DC/DC energy storage up to 2 MHz.
The high current inductor is available in low profile 2020 case footprint (approx 5.5 x 5.9mm) with maximum height of 3.4mm. The inductor design handles high transient current spikes without saturation. Typical saturation current with 20% inductance drop is in range from 2 to 9A with typical low DCR from 4 to 195 mOhm.
• High temperature, continuous operation up to 155 °C
• Patented shielded construction
• Excellent DC/DC energy storage up to 2 MHz
• Filter inductor applications up the SRF (see standard electrical specifications table)
• Integrated E-Field shield eliminates need for separate shielding
• Up to 20 dB E-Field reduction at 1 cm – Measured vertically from top center of device
• B-Field is contained by powdered iron encapsulation
• Low DCR/μH
• Handles high transient current spikes without saturation
• AEC-Q200 qualified
• IHLE design; PATENT(S): www.vishay.com/patents
• Notebook / desktop / server applications
• High current POL converters
• Low profile, high current power supplies
• Battery powered devices
• DC/DC converters in distributed power systems
• DC/DC converter for field programmable gate array (FPGA)
• Telecom infrastructure