Source: Schaffner news
The new RC choke stands for Reduced Complexity choke, featuring small form factor common mode choke design without potting. This reduces the weight improves the quality , due to less process steps in production. It also fulfills customer expectations in terms of recyclability and environmental friendliness.
The RC chokes are available with horizontal and vertical mounting options. Standard current ranges are from 0.25 to 0.7A with voltages up to 250VAC.
The design approach taken for the RC choke is the first step into a new era of small form factor chokes at Schaffner. The RC choke meets customers expectations with the ability to perform at high ambient temperature (up to 125°C) without losing any mechanical or safety relevant specification (de-rating calculations are provided for operational ambient temperature higher than rated values).
The range of 14 different combinations of current, inductance and mounting position makes the series suitable for power supplies and applications like LED lighting, HVAC or medical devices.
Schaffner’s RC chokes comply with RoHS and REACH requirements and are certified to IEC/EN 60938-2 (VDE 0565-2-1). With their open-frame construction, RC chokes can be easily reviewed by all safety organizations and certified as part of the end product. If required material lists are available upon request.
The new RC chokes are in stock and available all over the world through the Schaffner global distribution and sales network.
- Rated currents from 0.25 to 0.7A
- DC to 400 Hz frequency
- 100 kHz to 3 MHz common-mode resonance frequency
- Dual-choke configurations
- Multiple PCB-mounting options
- High saturation resistance and excellent thermal behavior
- Through hole pin connections
- Small compact design
- Multiple housing options
- Custom-specific versions are available on request
- Environmental friendly open design
- Switch-mode power applications
- DC/DC converters
- Suppressing common-mode interference levels
- EMI input filters
- For suppression-equipment with no earth connection, e.g. medical
- Phase-angle control circuits in combination with saturating chokes
- Consumer electronics, EDP, test equipment,electronic ballasts in lamps etc.