Vishay Intertechnology announces that its popular NTCALUG family of NTC lug thermistors is now available in a 100 % lead (Pb)-free construction, making them the industry’s first such devices to offer full RoHS compliance with no exemptions.
- Manufactured with a 100 % lead (Pb)-free ceramic die
- NTCALUG family thermistors contribute to a cleaner environment by eliminating all hazardous substances that could potentially cause issues during recycling and disposal
- When RoHS exemption 7c-I expires —which allows for lead (Pb) in glass —designers utilizing the components will already be in full compliance
- Variety of devices available:
- Standard lug thermistors are capable of continuous operation to +150 °C and long term reliability of 5,000 hours (dry heat)
- Devices featuring a nickel conductor and low profile closed ring tongue provide a low thermal gradient
- Mini lug sensors are optimized for fast reactions in space-limited applications
- Offered in both AEC-Q200 and cULus-recognized versions
- High insulation voltage ratings up to 2.7 kVAC
- Rugged construction
- Ring tongue terminals allow for easy mounting
- Available with a range of customization options to meet specific design requirements
- Temperature sensing in electric vehicle (EV) battery management systems, consumer appliances, 3D printers, HVAC systems, welding equipment, alternative energy systems, motor drives, power electronics, and more.
Samples and production quantities of the 100 % lead (Pb)-free NTCALUG family thermistors (part numbers denoted by suffix “A”) are available now, with lead times of 12 weeks