Bourns Custom Magnetics Product Line is pleased to introduce the new Model PLN Series Planar Transformers.
These new planar transformers are designed for PoE applications from 48 W to 70 W requiring a low profile and high power density. The new Model PLN Series planar transformers are forward converter transformers operating at a switching frequency of 250 kHz with low leakage inductance from 0.29 μH to 0.6 μH.
The available output voltages are 5 V and 12 V with output current from 4 A to 14 A, all of which can withstand hi-pot at 1750 VDC. The operating temperature range is from -40 °C to +125 °C for these low profile, RoHS compliant*, surface mount components.
The PLN Series is suitable to be used in various applications, including forward transformers for PoE applications, industrial power systems, Switched-Mode Power Supplies (SMPS), LED lighting, and Battery Management Systems (BMS).
- DC-DC transformer for a 48 to 70 watt forward converter
- Low leakage inductance from 0.29 μH to 0.6 μH
- Low height profile component
- Surface mount
- Operating temperature: -40 °C to +125 °C
- RoHS compliant
- Transformer for PoE applications
- Industrial power systems
- Switched-Mode Power Supplies (SMPS)
- LED lighting
- Battery Management Systems (BMS)