TDK Corporation has extended its range of coupled inductors to include the new EPCOS series B82472D6*.
The nine series types cover an inductance range of 2 x 2.2 µH to 2 x 47 µH and are designed for maximum rated currents of 1.1 A to 4.3 A. The RoHS-compliant chokes are certified in line with AEC-Q200 and feature high saturation currents of up to 7.95 A. The magnetically shielded inductors have dimensions of just 7.3 x 7.3 x 4.8 mm and are designed for a wide temperature range of between -55 °C and +150 °C. Depending on the type, the chokes offer very high coupling factors of the two windings, from 97 to 99 percent.
These compact, robust components are useful in a wide range of applications, are ideal in various galvanically non-insulated DC/DC converter topologies such as SEPIC, Cuk and Zeta, and act as transformers in flyback and multi-output buck topologies. In the latter, coupled inductors provide a second output voltage. Furthermore, the components can act as common-mode chokes in power supply lines. The insulation voltage between the two windings is >500 V.
- DC/DC converters such as SEPIC, Cuk or Zeta
- Flyback converters
- Multi-output buck converters
- Common-mode chokes in power supply lines
Main features and benefits
- High saturation currents of up to 7.95 A
- Small dimensions of just 7.3 x 7.3 x 4.8 mm
- Wide temperature range from -55 °C to +150 °C
- High coupling factor of up to 99 percent