Source: RF design news
Coilcraft introduces new XAL7050 series of high inductance power inductors. With up to 47 µH inductance, current ratings up to 5.5 Amps, low DCR, & soft saturation, they’re perfect for VRM/VRD applications.
- High current and very low DCR
- Soft saturation makes them ideal for VRM/VRD applications.
- AEC-Q200 Grade 1 qualified (–40°C to +125°C ambient)
- Core material: Composite
- Environmental RoHS compliant, halogen free
- Terminations: RoHS compliant tin-silver (96.5/3.5) over copper. Other terminations available at additional cost.
- Weight: 1.50 – 1.55 g
- Operating voltage: 0 – 55 V
- Ambient temperature: –40°C to +125°C with (40°C rise) Irms current.
- Maximum part temperature: +165°C (ambient + temp rise) with derating.
- Storage temperature Component: –55°C to +165°C. Tape and reel packaging: –55°C to +80°C
- Resistance to soldering heat: Max three 40 second reflows at +260°C, parts cooled to room temperature between cycles
- Moisture Sensitivity Level (MSL): 1 (unlimited floor life at 85% relative humidity)
- Failures in Time (FIT) / Mean Time Between Failures (MTBF): 38 per billion hours / 26,315,789 hours, calculated per Telcordia SR-332
- Packaging: 250/7″ reel, 1000/13″ reel Plastic tape: 16 mm wide, 0.40 mm thick, 12 mm pocket spacing, 5.21 mm pocket depth
- PCB washing: Tested to MIL-STD-202 Method 215 plus an additional aqueous wash