Vishay Intertechnology announced release of its new automotive grade polymer tantalum capacitors series T51 featuring low ESR, high volumetric efficiency, and a robust design for harsh environments.
Vishay Intertechnology, Inc. introduced a new Automotive Grade series of vPolyTan™ surface-mount polymer tantalum molded chip capacitors.
Designed to deliver improved performance in high temperature, high humidity operating conditions, the AEC-Q200 qualified Vishay Polytech T51 series offers lower ESR, lower voltage derating, and a benign failure mode while maintaining higher volumetric efficiency than traditional tantalum capacitors.
In addition, these technological advantages set this technology above multilayer ceramic chip capacitors (MLCC) and aluminum capacitors in a comparable capacitance range.
Featuring a robust design for harsh environments, T51 series devices offer high temperature operation to +125 °C — with voltage derating above +105 °C — and a high temperature load time to 2000 hours. Combined with ripple current to 2.37 A, the capacitors are ideal for decoupling, smoothing, and filtering in switch mode and point of load (POL) power supplies for automotive ADAS, infotainment, and other in-vehicle electronic systems.
The T51 series offer high capacitance from 6.8 μF to 330 μF in voltage range from 2.5 VDC to 35 VDC and ultra low ESR 40-120mOhms.
- Operating temperature range of -55 °C to +125 °C
- High temperature and high humidity operation
- AEC-Q200 qualified
- Ultra low ESR
- Molded case 7343-20, 7343-31 EIA size
- Decoupling, smoothing, filtering
- Switch mode and point of load power supply
- Automotive – infotainment and cockpit electronics
- Storage and networking infrastructure equipment
- Industrial applications requiring high temperature operation