This market research study analyzes the global markets for both AC plastic film and DC plastic film capacitors.
For AC film capacitors the study focuses on the global value of demand for small and large can polypropylene dielectric plastic film capacitors, including both dry and oil-filled designs for use in electrical systems in the following sub-categories-
• Power transmission and distribution capacitors;
• motor run capacitors,
• Industrial drive capacitors;
• Renewable energy capacitors;
• Power film capacitors;
• Microwave oven capacitors,
• Magnetic ballast capacitors, and
• Specialty power film capacitors (i.e. DC Link, furnace, traction, welding, other).
The second part of the study focuses on DC film capacitors for printed circuit board applications in power supply, lighting ballast, and consumer AV applications, and includes value and volume of demand for
• 5 mm pitch PET film capacitors;
• AC & Pulse film capacitors,
• Interference suppression film capacitors (X & Y)
• PPS, PEN and PET film chip capacitors; as well as
• specialty DC film capacitors
The study also includes a detailed analysis of the global market for AC and DC film capacitors by customer base, end-use market segment; circuit application and world region; and also includes a review of the supply chain for plastic dielectric materials consumed in capacitors.
The study includes a detailed analysis of market shares by capacitor type and sub-category.
Also, the study forecasts global demand for both AC and DC plastic film capacitors consumption outlook to 2023. 150 companies actively participating in the plastic film capacitor markets worldwide are discussed and identified in this report.
Published December 2018