TDK Corporation has expanded its lineup of high frequency multilayer products with the world’s first* multilayer band-pass filter for the 28 GHz band in 5G mobile communication networks.
The new high-frequency component is based on TDK’s LTCC (low-temperature co-fired ceramic) material and precise multilayer technology, which enable a low insertion loss of just 1 dB, a high attenuation of up to 30 dB, and low group delay of only 0.25 ns.
Thanks to its advanced terminal design, the new component is able to reliably suppress frequency fluctuations in the millimeter wave bands. The new MMC series, which measures in at just 2.5 x 2.0 x 0.9 mm, is thus ideally suited as a band-pass filter for these high frequencies and for the removal of spurious signals in the RF transceiver circuits of 5G base stations and other mobile communication equipment. Samples of the customer-specific component are available and the MMC series is ready for mass production.
Moving forward, TDK will further expand its lineup of filter products that support the growing range of wave bands in the millimeter range and provide multilayer band-pass filters with characteristics that satisfy circuit application needs of wireless communication devices.
- * Source: TDK market research, November 2019
- RF transceiver circuits in 5G base stations and other mobile communication equipment
Main features and benefits
- Availability for 5G NR (new radio) frequency of 28 GHz
- Low insertion loss of just 1 dB, high attenuation of up to 30 dB and low latency performance
- Miniature dimensions of just 2.5 x 2.0 x 0.9 mm
- Advanced terminal for reliable suppression of frequency fluctuations in the millimeter wave bands
- Excellent band-pass performance
- Dimensions [mm]: 2.5 x 2.0 x 0.9
- Insertion loss [dB] 27.5-29.5 GHz: 1.0
- Attenuation [dB] 22.1-24.68 GHz: 30
- Group delay [ns]: 0.25