This episode of Tech Specs is part of a video series highlighting the features, applications, and technical specs of newly-released products.
Vishay’s AEC-Q200 qualified CRCW-HP series combines high power dissipation and small case size in a single device.
This is made possible by the double-sided design that uses two resistive layers in parallel within the device, enabling power dissipation up to 1.5W in a 2512 case size and allowing designers to increase design density. The design of the CRCW-HP series also results in less stress on the PCB as temperature changes and offers superior anti-surge and pulse handling capability for both long and short pulses.
The resistors are available from 1 ohm to 1 megaohm and are ideal for automotive, industrial, power conversion, motor drive, and battery management applications.
- AEC-Q200 qualified
- Double-sided design uses two resistive elements in parallel
- Power dissipation: 0.2W (0402 case size) to 1.5W (2512 case size)
- Reduced stresses in PCBs caused by temperature changes
- Superior anti-surge and pulse capability
- Resistance range: 1Ω to 1MΩ (0.5%, 1% or 5% tolerance), plus 0R0 jumper