This presentation was part of our virtual conference (1-3 Dec): WE meet @ Digital Days 2020 Introduction to Energy Harvesting
- What type of ambient energies are available, what are the challenges in converting (& storing) these energies into usable energy?
- Examples of real life use cases demonstrating that Energy Harvesting has already progressed from the laboratory to commercial applications.
- Some power electronics related applications for Energy Harvesting.
- How to convert the ambient energy to usable energy?
- In case that are problems with energy & voltage levels & their sporadically, how can be solved. Much of the energy stored can be lost through leakage.
- Which tools/evaluation kits are available to develop self-powered electronics?
New low power converter IC’s are developed which can be powered from multiple harvester at same time and manage the energy to power extreme low power microprocessors which have RF modules build in and can communicate wireless and could be totally autonomous powered.
Source: Würth Elektronik